Network Administrator Sample Resume
Being a network administrator is a job that takes technical know-how and is in high demand in almost any industry or corporation. In this job role you are in charge of the maintenance and security of organizational infrastructure which means that your resume has to reflect this expertise.
These resume samples will enable you to understand how to best showcase your qualifications as well as to see what other job responsibilities can be part of your job as a network administrator. Most importantly is that you can use our samples as the starting point for formatting and wording your resume so you can land that next job.
1542 Jericho Avenue
Sandstone, AZ 75621
Hardworking and driven Network Administrator with technical expertise in network support, system maintenance and network infrastructure security. Proven aptitude with security appliances,servers and network stability.
- 7 years’ of experience with network appliances such as firewalls, VPNs, routers and switches
- 4 years’ experience supporting domain environments including VMware, LINUX in a LAN environment
- Proficient in software installation, maintenance and support
- Strong experience with Microsoft Server 2003/2008 and Exchange
- Highly organized and able to effectively manage multiple projects with shifting priorities
- Excellent communication skills and strong commitment to customer-service
- Detail-oriented with strong reasoning skills and the ability to think outside the box
- Profession and able to maintain strictest work confidentiality as required
- Experience with Cisco IOS
- Experience with design and implementation of IP networks
- Experience managing SQL and ORACLE databases
- Experience with VOIP phone technology
- Prior experience in a help desk environment
Conrad Foundation, Sandstone, AZ Network Administrator Jun 2010 – current
- Participate in the improvement of Foundation’s network and security policies
- Oversee day-to-day network operations and security monitoring of the Foundation network
- Coordinate the maintenance and upgrading of software and hardware network infrastructure
- Design,configure, deploy and maintain network security systems such as firewalls, network monitoring, intrusion prevention and detection and authentication systems
- Design,configure, and maintain network servers; both physical and virtual, router sand switches
- Recommend, plan and assist in the choice and implementation of new technologies
- Maintain technology and user documentation, support logs and procedures
- Participate in on going training and education
- Perform other duties as assigned
366 University Drive
New York, NY 10025
Certified network administrative professional looking for positions in Network Management. 4 years work experience providing effective support and maintenance IT and Telephony infrastructure. Great communicator and self-motivated to achieve any goals for personal and organizational growth.
Systems Unlimited, New York, NY Network Manager Administrator 2012- Current
- Report to the Network Manager in facilitation of network responsibilities
- Ensure that the network file servers are backed up in a state where full disaster recovery procedures can be implemented with minimum loss of information.
- Assist in the control of access to the network through allocation of user access rights.
- Maintain project directory structures for active projects
- Provide ease of access to archived or warranty projects
- Assist in the maintenance of communication services including email, intranet and extranet
- Manage Internet access and usage ensuring that a current list of active users is maintained
- Ensure that ISDN/VPN access between sites is maintained and monitored.
- Provide user support for company IT and Telephony networks, with Response and Return to Service times as documented in the internal Service Level Agreement.
- Maintain accurate records in the Help desk system
- Record all issues, tasks and information requests are logged and handled by Internal Support
- Manage installation and configuration of computer equipment
- Responsible for upgrading of hardware and software infrastructure
- Coordinate with Network Manager investigating and resolving network related problems
- Assist users with software related issues
- Diagnose faulty equipment and replace with new components where available
- Liaise with third parties for the repair or replacement of faulty goods as appropriate.
- Evaluate and recommend further enhancements to the network
- Responsible for hardware and software for system maintenance or end user applications
- Assist in the maintenance of accurate licensing of all internally issued software used by personnel
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Microsoft Server 2008 – 2012
- Microsoft Exchange 2007 – 2013
- Cisco networking – Routers and Switches
- Cisco Firewalls – ASA and PIX (VPN Configuration)
- Active directory management.
- SAN configuration and management
- Telephone switch administration.
- Experience in the following;
- HP Blade hardware
- ESXi – configuration and management.
- TFS Administration
- Share point Administration
- Team player, dedicated and professional
- Flexible and adaptable to any work situation
- Excellent customer facing skills, ability to priorities and work well under pressure
- Willing to travel
780 Darwin Street
New Milford, NJ 07856
An experienced senior level IT consultant with significant design, support, administration and implementation experience of network projects. Over 9 years of IT experience with full life cycle ICT project experience. Thrives in a customer focused, multi-site environment. Always meets client demands and develops good long-term customer relationships.
Company X-CEL Software Systems
Role Senior Cisco Network Engineer
Dates June 2009 – present
- Gather and collate network requirements by working with clients and colleagues.
- Design secure and scalable networks.
- Assist in sizing effort for the network part of projects.
- Assist in pricing for the network part of projects.
- Install secure and scalable network devices.
- Work with OS and application teams to ensure client service success.
- Document all network set-ups.
- Follow both customer and company standard ITIL processes e.g. Change Management.
- Liaise with support teams, working together to resolve customer issues.
- Work as part of a team with excellent communication skills.
- Work with clients during all stages of projects.
- Highlight and document all network risks of projects.
- Coach more junior members of staff.
Company Jackson Tech
Role Senior Technical Consultant.
Dates January 2006 – May 2009
- Technical lead duties and management of technical projects
- Designing and implementing customers’ network infrastructure
- Configuring and implementing Remote Access Solution
- Configuring Pix to Pix, ASA to ASA and Router to Router VPN
- Implementation of HSRP (using IP SLA) and GLBP
- Configuring VLANs, VTP, Ether channels
- Configuring intervlan routing on Layer-3 switches
- Securing switch access
- Designing and implementing wireless architectures
- Configuring Voice VLANS and QoS VLANs
- Configuring routing using OSPF and policy routing using route maps
- Hardening Cisco devices – Implementing IDS and IPS, Cisco IOS Firewall, AAA
- Cisco routers 800 / 1700/ 1800 / 2600 / 2800 / 3600 / 3800 /7200 series
- Cisco switches CE500 / C2950 / C2960 / C3560 / C3750 / ME3400 / C6500
- Cisco 3005 VPN concentrators
- Cisco Wireless Control System – Aironet APs and controllers
- Cisco ACS Server
- Cisco Works
- Microsoft Windows Servers NT / 2000 / 2003 / 2008
- Microsoft Exchange 5.5 / 2000 / 2003 / 2007
- Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM) 2003 / 2005
- Microsoft Office 95 / 2000 / XP / 2003 / 2007
- Microsoft SMS 2.0 / 2003
- Microsoft SQL 6.5 / 7.0 / 2000 /2005
- Microsoft WSUS
- Citrix Meta frame XP / Presentation Server 4.0 / 4.5 / 4.6; Citrix Access / Secure Gateway
- McAfee / Symantec
- ERP II – Microsoft Navision Axapta
- Veritas/Symantec Backup Exec; Arc Serve Backup
- Blue Coat
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP)
- Cisco Certified Internet work Expert R/S – written
- Cisco Certified Security Professional (CCSP)- in progress
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) – in progress
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) – Windows 2003
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) – Windows 2000
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist – SQL 2005
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional – Database Administrator (SQL 2005)
45 Highlands Avenue
Portland, ME 45786
Experience Information Technology with 8 years’ experience managing and providing hardware and software maintenance for enterprise environments. Excellent in managing consultation training and planning of development of resources. Professional and career focused individual with proven track record.
Citrix Networking Systems Network Technology Manager Jan 2006 – current
- Manage information technology and computer systems
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of information systems and electronic data processing (EDP)
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer systems operations and development
- Meet with managers to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines
- Hire and manage information systems personnel and contractors to design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems
- Control the computer systems budgets and expenditures
- Ensure technology is accessible and equipped with current hardware and software
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and network operating system
- Manage hardware and software maintenance within network operating system
- Provide orientation to new users of existing technology
- Train staff about uses of existing technology as well as new and potential use
- Provide individual training and support on request
- Provide recommendations about accessing information and support
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources
- Monitor and maintain technology to ensure maximum access
- Troubleshoot all technology issues
- Maintain log and/or list of required repairs and maintenance
- Make recommendations about purchase of technology resources
- Research current and potential resources and services
- Provide network access to all staff and students
- Install work stations, connect and set up hardware
- Load all required software
- Provide network accounts and passwords as required
- Monitor security of all technology
- Input and maintain IP addresses
- Advise staff of security breach and/or change in password or security status
- Ensure installation of lock out programs
- Identify and prepare hardware for disposal when appropriate
- Ensure hardware is stripped and secured before disposal
- Management and supervisory skills
- Ability to install and administer computer hardware, software and networks
- Team building skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Effective verbal, presentation and listening communications skills
- Effective written communications skills
- Stress management skills
- Time management skills
- Honest and trustworthy
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
Interview Questions with Answers
- CCNA Study Guide
- CCNA Tutorial
- CCENT Practice Tests
- CCNA Practice Tests
- CCNP Practice Tests
- Network+ Practice Tests
More Sample Resumes
- Sample Resume Career Objectives – Best Sample CV Objectives
- Sample CCNA Resume Skills
- Computer Hardware Technician and Network Administrator Resume Skills
- PC Hardware Technician Sample Resume
- CCNP Sample Resume
- CCIE Sample Resume
- MCSA Sample Resume
- MCSE Sample Resume
- Linux Administrator Sample Resume
- IT Support Sample Resume
- Help Desk Support Resume Sample
- Software Developer Sample Resume
- Software Programmer Sample Resume
- C Programmer Sample Resume
- Web Programmers Sample Resume
- Java Developer Sample Resume
- Web Developer Sample Resume
- Web Designer Sample Resume
- Computer Programmer Sample Resume
- Computer Engineer Sample Resume
- System Engineer Sample Resume
- Computer Scientist Sample Resume
- Software Engineer Sample Resume
- Hardware Engineer Sample Resume
- Project Engineer Sample Resume
- Programmer Analyst Sample Resume
- Business Systems Analyst Sample Resume
- Intelligence Analyst Sample Resume
- Data Analyst Sample Resume
- SAP Consultant Sample Resume
- Engineering Manager Sample Resume
- Webmaster Sample Resume
- Software Project Engineer Sample Resume
- SAP Project Manager Sample Resume
- IT Project Manager Sample Resume
- Database Administrator Sample Resume
- System Administrator Sample Resume
- Windows System Administrator Sample Resume