The Msvcp140.dll is a part of the Microsoft Visual Studio 2015, a program that was developed by Microsoft Corporation.
Its description is the Microsoft C Runtime Library and most programs rely on it to run efficiently. You are likely to experience error notifications relating to the Msvcp140.dll is it is missing from your system folders. You might have tried all the troubleshooting steps but they are not successful in retrieving the file. Downloading the Msvcp140.dll will replace the missing file and allow the programs to run properly.
There are several versions of Msvcp140.dll that can be downloaded for various Windows Operating System. They are available for the 32-bit and 64-bit versions with different file size and Zip file size. All these versions are a description of the Microsoft C Runtime Library. It is recommended to download this file from a trusted website to avoid malicious programs that can infect your files and folders.
What causes the Msvcp140.dll errors?
- The Msvcp140.dll might have been placed in the wrong map.
- Uninstalling a program that uses the same Msvcp140.dll may have deleted the file.
- If the dll file was corrupted or damaged.
- Faulty settings or registry entries.
- Another application might have installed a different version of the file that is incompatible with the programs being used.
How can I download the Msvcp140.dll file?
There are several steps you can take to download the Msvcp140.dll file.It is important to ensure that the source in which you are downloading the file is reputable. During the installation, ensure that you place the file in the appropriate location to avoid experiencing the dll errors.
- Download the dll file according to your Windows operating system. If you are running on the 32-bit system you will download the 32-bit file and users operating with the 64-bit system will be 32+64 bit file.
- Open the zip folder in which you downloaded the file
- Depending on your computer’s operating system, open the 32 bit map or the 64 bit map.
- If you are using the 32-bit system, copy the file and then paste it to the location; C:\Windows\System32 folder.
- If you are using the 64-bit system, copy the file and then paste it to the location; C:\Windows\System32 folder. Afterwards, open the 32-bit map, copy the file and paste it to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder.
- Restart your PC and run the initial program or software to check whether the problem is solved.
- Msvcp110.dll missing
- Msvcp120.dll missing
- Msvcr100.dll is missing
- Api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing and download
- Msvcp100.dll missing
- Vcruntime140.dll missing
- Vcruntime140.dll is missing