Vcruntime140.dll is a part of the Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 RC, a program that was developed by the Microsoft Corporation. It is a description of the Microsoft C Runtime Library and most applications depend on this dll file to run efficiently.
If you are launching a program that uses the Vcruntime140.dll, Windows will scan your system folders for this dll file as it is necessary for the corresponding application to open successfully. If the Vcruntime140.dll is not located in the map, you receive an error message indicating that the program was unsuccessful because the particular dll file is missing.
There are various ways in which these error messages appear on your screen. Some of them are;
- “The file Vcruntime140.dll is missing”
- “Cannot find Vcruntime140.dll”
- “This program can’t continue because Vcruntime140.dll is missing from your computer”
- “This application failed to start because physxloader.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
- “Vcruntime140.dll not found”
What causes the Vcruntime140.dll error messages?
There are various reasons why these errors often appear. It is necessary to determine the possible solutions to fixing the problem to allow the application to run efficiently.
Some of the causes include;
- If the Vcruntime140.dll file was damaged or corrupted by a malicious program.
- The Vcruntime140.dll might have been placed in a wrong map
- It can occur as a result of faulty registry entries or configurations.
- A different application might have installed a varied version of the file which is incompatible with the program you are using
- If you uninstalled a program that uses the same physxloader.dll, it might have deleted the dll file in the process leading to the error messages.
How can I fix the Vcruntime140.dll is missing errors?
Run a full virus / malware scan
Most problems associated with the Vcruntime140.dll arise from being damaged or corrupted by a malicious program. One of the ways in which you can detect and solve the problem is by performing a comprehensive virus/ malware scan.
Reinstall the problematic software
If you were launching an application and you received the error message, uninstall and reinstall it again. It can be useful in fixing the Vcruntime140.dll that might have been affected or displaced after the first installation.
Use System Restore
It will be useful in restoring your computer settings to an earlier point in time. It is useful when you suspect that the recent system changes are what caused the problem.
Register the Vcruntime140.dll manually
The errors may be resulting from issues with the Windows registry. The program that depends on the Vcruntime140.dll might have failed to register the file during the first installation. Microsoft Register Server will be useful in re-registering the Vcruntime140.dll file.
- Msvcp110.dll missing
- Msvcp120.dll missing
- Msvcr100.dll is missing
- Api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing and download
- Msvcp100.dll missing
- Msvcp140.dll download
- Vcruntime140.dll is missing