Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) certification is an entry-level certification and it is recommended to those people who want to start their career in the field of IT. This certification validates that the candidates have a basic understanding of the IT fundamentals, and that they can pursue their career in IT infrastructure, Database Design or Software Development. This exam can be requested by schools and institutes for their students and it can also be taken by independent individuals: those who are not affiliated with any school/institute.
Microsoft Technology Associate Tracks: Candidates can choose one track from the three tracks available for this exam: IT infrastructure, Database Design and Software Development. Each of these tracks has certain papers and candidates can earn their MTA certification by taking any one of those papers.
MTA IT Infrastructure Track: The available options for this track are:
- Windows Operating System Fundamentals
- Windows Server Administration Fundamentals
- Networking Fundamentals
- Security Fundamentals
If the candidates want to pursue their careers in desktop or server infrastructure, they can take any one of these exams; they will successfully earn their MTA certification.
Database Design Track: Those candidates, who want to have a career in database designing, database management and business intelligence, are suggested to take this track. This track has only one option: Database Fundamentals. Candidates will have to clear Database Fundamentals exam if they want to get a certification.
MTA Developer Track: The candidates who want a career in software development are suggested to take this track. The available options for this track are:
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Windows Development Fundamentals
- Web Development Fundamentals
- .NET Fundamentals
- Mobile Development Fundamentals
- Gaming Development Fundamentals
- HTML5 App Development Fundamentals
- Software Testing Fundamentals
How do you register for MTA: If you are a student and you want to take MTA exam, ask your teacher if the school is affiliated with Certiport. If it is not, then your teacher will have to register with Certiport first and then you will be able to take the exam. However, if you are an independent candidate: you are not affiliated with any school, then you can take this exam by registering at Prometric website.
How to integrate Microsoft Technology Associate review kits into the curriculum: MTA review kit has 20 lessons and the lessons are designed and listed in a module format. School teachers can choose the lessons according to their study plan and incorporate them into their own curriculum.
Benefits of Passing Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Certification Exam:
- One advantage of MTA exam is that this certification does not expire: meaning that, unlike other certifications, you do not have to retake this exam. If you get an MTA certification, you will have the title of ‘certified’ for all your life.
- Although MTA is not a pre-requisite of any certification but it will help you a great deal if you plan on taking the exams of MCSA or MCSD.
- After taking this exam, candidates get the access to members-only benefits. For instance, they are given special offers and transcript tools.
- Signing up for MTA means that your school has to pay less costs yet it gets easy implementation across the campus.