Comments in Excel
Comments feature in MS Excel allows user to associate a comment against a particular cell for future reference or for any other user.
To insert a Comment in MS Excel, follow the steps below:
1. Right click on the desired cell where you want to insert a comment and select “Insert Comment” from the Context Menu.
2. This will open a Comment Box along with the current author name.
3. Type your comment and click anywhere outside the comment box
4. Your comment will be saved. The red mark on top right corner is refers that the cell has an associated comment.
Show / Hide Comment
By default, whenever a cell with a comment gets focused by a mouse over, the stored comment is displayed and hides on mouse out event.
Beside this, comment can be shown or hide by using option from the Context Menu
To show or hide a Comment from menu, follow the steps below:
1. Right click on the cell with comment and select “Show/Hide Comment”
2. If the comment is visible, it will hide otherwise it will be displayed.
Edit comment function is used to add or modify an existing comment.
To edit a comment, follow the steps below:
1. Right click on the cell with a comment and select Edit Comment from the Context Menu
2. Comment box will appear in editable mode
3. Add or modify the comment and click outside the Comment Box to save it.
Delete comment function is used to delete an existing comment from the select cell.
To delete a comment, follow the steps below:
1. Right click the desired cell with comment and select “Delete Comment” from the Context Menu
2. The associated comment will be deleted