Format Painter is an excellent yet not a commonly used tool of MS Excel. This tool allows the user to copy and apply a format from one cell to another.
To have a better understanding of this concept, follow the steps below:
1. Enter a value in Cell A1 and set the background color of the cell to Red and font color to white.
2. Enter another value in Cell A3 without applying any formats
3. Select Cell A1 and on HOME tab, under the Clipboard group, click on Format Painter
4. This will copy the format of Cell A1
5. Move cursor to Cell A3 and click. This will paste the format of Cell A1 to Cell A3