Formula Using Names
Naming a range or a constant enables you to use the defined name in formula instead of full range.
To have a clear understanding of this concept, follow the steps below:
1. Select a range of cells on your MS Excel sheet
2. On Formula Tab, under the Defined Name group, click and select Define Name
3. Under the New Name window, give your selected range a name and click OK
4. Click on Cell A5 and type following formula
5. The above formula will sum up all the values assigned to the Named Range