Filter in Excel
Filtering data is an important function that helps users to perform various data analysis and operations. MS Excel supports Filters. In this tutorial, you will observe the application of Filter tool to apply filter in MS Excel data, follow the following steps.
1. Click on a desired single cell inside a data set.
2. Open the Data tab and click Filter.
This will place down arrow symbols against each column with data.
3. Click on the arrow on Country column.
4. Click on “Select All” which will clear all the check boxes, and then click the check box next to US.
5. Click OK.
The filter will display all the records having US as a country as shown in the figure below.
Now, to apply further filters
6. Click the arrow next to the column “Qtr”.
7. Click on “Select All” to clear all the check boxes, and then click the check box next to Qtr 3.
8. Click OK.
The filter will display all the records having Qtr 3 under Quarter section as shown in the figure below.
9. To remove the filter, under the Data tab, click Clear next to filter button.
10. To remove the filters from the columns, click Filter again and all filters will be removed.