Adjusting Facebook Account Settings
To get to the Facebook settings page, first click on the arrow head icon pointing down on the top right corner of the screen. A drop down list of options will then appear.
A social networking account is yours to control. You should be able to set up your own preferences on your personal account. Why wouldn’t you want to adjust how your account is set up? This is your network and you can edit the settings any time that you’d like. It’s easy and the changes are implemented instantly.
1. To get to the settings page, first click on the arrow head icon pointing down on the top right corner of the screen. A drop down list of options will then appear.
2. Click on the word ‘settings’ near the bottom of the list and you will be redirected to the settings page.
3. On the right hand side, you’ll see a list of all of your settings tabs. Click on ‘general’ on the top of that list if you’re not already there.
4. Here you can edit basic things related to your account. Say you want to change the name that appears on your profile. Click on ‘edit’, which is to the far right of the section you are changing.
5. Erase whichever name you’re changing by clicking the backspace on your keyboard and type in the new one. Once you’re done, you can click ‘review change’ or ‘save changes’, which appears in the other editing sections.
6. The same rules apply to the tabs entitled security, privacy, timeline and tagging, language, notifications, etc. Click on each tab and play around with the settings. If you don’t like it or you made a mistake it can easily be changed back. Just take your time and read what your options are. Sometimes you may not even have to bother changing anything, especially if your account is relatively new.
Why Should You Care About Account Settings?
You should be aware of what each setting tab does. Familiarize yourself with each one and read through what the functions are. If you don’t want to be bombarded with notifications or your name is different now, then change it! This is your account and you have to be comfortable with what your profile looks like, how Facebook contacts you, and so much more.
The account settings are there for a reason – to help you keep control. If you don’t like how your account is set up you have the power to change it. Facebook updates their platform every so often, so keep checking on your settings to ensure they are exactly the way you want them.
- What is Facebook
- How to create a Facebook Account
- Exploring the Main Page of Facebook
- Understanding Facebook Privacy Settings
- How to Adjust Facebook Privacy Settings
- Sharing Post, Photos and Website on Facebook
- Chat and Messages on Facebook
- Facebook Texts
- Managing Your Newsfeed on Facebook
- How to Create New Facebook Group or Join Existing Facebook Groups
- Make a Facebook Fan Page for Business
- Creating a Facebook Business or Fan Page
- Navigating the Facebook Business or Fan Page Dashboard
- Liking and Commenting on Other Pages as Your Page
- Deactivating Your Facebook Account