Hiding Your Friends List
Everything on Facebook can have a privacy setting. That includes your friends list. If you don’t want your friends, or anyone for that matter, to view that list then you can edit the privacy settings.
1. First, you have to go to your Facebook profile to view your list. Click on your name at the top of your Facebook screen.
2. On your profile, just below your cover photo, you will see a row of tabs. The tab in the middle is called ‘friends’ and that’s where you need to click.
3. At the top right corner of the friends section, you will see an icon that looks like a pen. This will help you manage your privacy settings for the list. Clicking on it reveals the words ‘edit privacy.’ Click on that option next.
4. A new window will pop up and the first option in that window relates to the friends list privacy. To the right of that option, you will see a button that may say ‘friends’ or ‘public.’ Click on it to get a list of options.
5. To make the list private, click on the option that says ‘only me.’ It will automatically change and save.
6. When you’re finished, press ‘done’ at the bottom right corner of the window.
After that, the window will close and only you will be able to view your friends list. You can change this privacy setting at any time by following the same process. Everything on your Facebook account is under your control.
You decide what gets posted and who gets to see it. You can alter these settings whenever you please. Facebook is flexible with many of their settings options, meaning that there is no limit to how many times certain things can be changed. Take control of your social network and fix up those privacy settings.