Facebook – Hiding a Friends List
We have control over who sees what on our Facebook accounts. Facebook gives us privacy and security settings so that we can have a well-rounded and stress-free experience. Some people may want to hide their friends list so that only they can view it. People have different reasons for hiding their information and that’s their prerogative. Follow these simple steps if you want to hide your friends list from the public.
1) First, go to your Facebook profile. You can do this by clicking on your name at the top middle of the Facebook homepage.
2) When you get there, just below your cover photo, you will see a row of tabs. One of them is titled ‘friends’ and that’s what you have to click on.
3) At the top right corner of the friends section, you will see an icon that looks like a pen. When you click on it, you will see the words ‘edit privacy’ appear in a small window. Click on those words.
4) Next, a new window will pop up that shows your privacy settings for your friends list. You have two options, but focus on the top one that says ‘friend list – who can see your friend list?’
5) To the right of that section you will see a button that may say ‘friends’ or ‘public.’ Click on that button and you will see a drop down list. Select the option that says ‘only me’ to ensure that your friends list is kept private.
6) After that, press ‘done.’ This is a white button at the bottom right corner of the window.
After a moment, your new preference will be saved. Now, only you will be able to view your friends list. You can go back and change this option any time and as often as you’d like. There’s no waiting period to change the option again.
- How to Save Content on Facebook to Publish Later On
- How to Rename a Facbeook Fan Page
- Facebook Monitoring Access and Disconnecting an Account
- How to Turn On Chat for some Friends on Facebook
- How to Cancel a Sent Friend Request on Facebook
- How to Set Appear Offline Status on Facebook
- How to Enable Video Auto Play on Facebook
- How to Manage Notifications on Facebook Page
- How to Turn off Facebook Chat on Android Phone