How to Appear Offline on Facebook
In this window, you will see all your options having to do with your chat boxes and messages. To appear offline, click on the option that says ‘turn off chat’ which is near the bottom.
There may be times when you don’t want anybody to see that you’re online. Maybe you don’t want to be pinged with messages while you do something else. When you’re signed in, it is possible to appear offline and it only takes a few seconds.
1. On the far right side of your Facebook page, you will see a box that helps you initiate conversations. It shows you a list of some of your friends, and you can search for other friends as well. You will be able to see who is online and who isn’t.
2. On the bottom right corner of that conversation box, you will see an icon that looks like a gear. Click on it, and a window with various options will appear.
3. In this window, you will see all your options having to do with your chat boxes and messages. To appear offline, click on the option that says ‘turn off chat’ which is near the bottom.
4. A new window will pop up and it will ask you which friends you want to turn the chat off for. You can select all, some, or pick a few exceptions. Once you’ve made your decision, click ‘okay.’
5. Once your chat is off, the conversation box will appear blurry. You won’t be able to see who is online and your friends won’t be able to see you. People can still send you messages, but they won’t know you’re online.
You can turn your chat box back on at any time. Even when you’re not online, you can send people messages. Facebook is one of the many ways to communicate with people. If someone doesn’t want to be seen, then that’s up to them. Remember that when someone is offline, they may still be signed into their Facebook but might not feel like chatting.
- How to Re Activate Facebook Account
- How to change language on Facebook
- How to Disable Private Messages on Your Facebook Page
- How to Change Facebook Password
- How to Restore Archived Messages on Facebook
- Confirming Your Facebook Email Address
- How to Change Language on Facebook using Android Phone
- Sharing a Post in a Private Message on Facebook
- Changing the Date of Birth on Facebook