Blocking Sponsored Ads from a Specific Source on Facebook
Everyone sees hundreds of advertisements on a daily basis. Many of those ads can be found on social media sites. In some cases, you can block certain ads from showing up on your Facebook account. You can control just about everything that occurs on your Facebook account, so make the most of that power. Know what you can and cannot block. Make your Facebook experience as stress-free as possible.
1. Start by going to your settings. You can find the page by clicking on the arrow at the top right corner of your homepage, then click ‘settings.’
2. On the left side of the settings screen you will see a variety of options. Click on the one that says ‘ads’ with a chat bubble icon beside it.
3. To the right, you will see a list of options. There is one at the bottom that says ‘ads based on my preferences.’ Click on the ‘edit’ button to the right of those words.
4. That section will then expand. At the end of that section, there is a blue button that says ‘visit ad preferences.’ Click on it.
5. You will be directed to a new page where you can edit your ad preferences. There will be a list of categories on this page related to the advertisements.
6. When you click on a category, that section will expand. You will see a list of the different ads in that category. Scroll over one of the options and an ‘x’ will appear on right.
7. Clicking on the ‘x’ to remove it, will ensure that no ads will show up based on that topic. You can also press the ‘undo’ button if you’ve changed your mind.
You can remove as many ads as you want, but you can also add a particular preference. Browse through all of your options for ads and see what you’d like.
- Setting Age Restrictions on Your Facebook Page
- How to Use Animated GIF’s and Stickers on Facebook
- Requesting All Your Facebook Data
- How to Turn Off Game Requests on Facebook
- How to Get Your Facebook Email Address
- How to Hide a Friends List on Facebook
- How to View All Your Likes on Facebook
- What will happen to my Facebook Account after my Death
- How to Embed Facebook Posts on Website or Blog