Changing Your Facebook Password
For security reasons, it’s a good idea to occasionally change your password on any website that you have an account with. This ensures that your personal information is safe. You never know who can steal your password. To avoid any issues, make a habit of changing your Facebook password from time to time.
1. First, you have to click on ‘settings’ which is located in a drop down list. To find this list, click on the arrow pointing down at the top right corner of your screen.
2. When you are redirected to the settings screen, the first tab on the list to the left is called ‘general.’ That’s the one that you should make sure you are on.
3. Find the option that says ‘password’, near the middle of all of your options for the ‘general’ tab. Click on the blue ‘edit’ button and the option will expand.
4. First, you have to type in your existing password in the box next to the word ‘current.’ In the subsequent boxes type in a new password, re-type it, and then press ‘save changes.’ Facebook will tell you if the newly typed passwords match and the strength of your new password.
5. A new window will pop up to ask you if you would like to log out of your account on various other devices or if you want to stay logged in. After making your selection, press ‘continue.’
6. Now you’re all set up with your new password. Facebook will send you an e-mail to ensure that you were the one that changed the password. It tells you the time and place that it was changed. If you want this change, ignore the e-mail. If you didn’t change the password, contact the Security Team for help.
Change your password sporadically to decrease the chance of your account getting hacked.
- How to Appear Offline on Facebook
- How to Re Activate Facebook Account
- How to change language on Facebook
- How to Disable Private Messages on Your Facebook Page
- How to Restore Archived Messages on Facebook
- Confirming Your Facebook Email Address
- How to Change Language on Facebook using Android Phone
- Sharing a Post in a Private Message on Facebook
- Changing the Date of Birth on Facebook