Embedding Facebook Posts
Many people have their own websites. Sometimes they may find a post on Facebook that they want to embed in their website. You can attach posts to your website, but only if it’s public. Any Facebook posts that have a security setting where only you or friends can see it, then it cannot be embedded.
Facebook is all about sharing. So, if you want to share something public on your own website, feel free to do so.
1. When you see a post that you want to embed, click on the arrow in the top right corner of the post.
2. Clicking on that arrow reveals a drop down list of options. At the bottom of that list is the option ‘embed post.’ Sometimes you’ll have to press ‘more options’ before ‘embed post’ is shown.
3. After clicking that option, a new window will pop up on your screen. It will then prompt you to copy and paste the provided code into your website. The code is located at the top of the window and it should already be highlighted in blue. Simply right-click on your mouse and click copy and do the same thing to paste it when you’re on your site.
Once the post is on your site, it will look the same as a regular Facebook post. You can see the preview below the code to make sure that it’s what you want.
You can embed as many posts as you want, as long as it’s public. If it’s not public, you won’t even see the option for ‘embed post.’ That will help you to know which posts are public and private. Share all your favorite posts on Facebook and your personal website. Show people what you like. You may even just want to embed posts that fit the theme of your website, regardless if you like it or not.
- Setting Age Restrictions on Your Facebook Page
- How to Block Sponsored Ads from a Specific Source on Facebook
- How to Use Animated GIF’s and Stickers on Facebook
- Requesting All Your Facebook Data
- How to Turn Off Game Requests on Facebook
- How to Get Your Facebook Email Address
- How to Hide a Friends List on Facebook
- How to View All Your Likes on Facebook
- What will happen to my Facebook Account after my Death