Facebook – Generating App Passwords
Passwords are an important method of keeping an account safe, especially one for social media. Within Facebook, you are able to generate application passwords. This allows you to sign into apps without your Facebook password or Login Approval codes. If you want that second level of security, here’s what you must do.
1. Find your settings page. You can do this by clicking on the arrow at the top right corner of the Facebook homepage. ‘Settings’ can be found near the end of the list that appears.
2. On the settings page, there is a list of tabs on the left side. The second one from the top is called ‘security’ and that’s where you need to click.
3. To the right, you will see all the settings options. The fourth one down from the top is called ‘app passwords.’ Click on the blue ‘edit’ button to the right of this section to make it expand.
4. Click on the blue highlighted words that say ‘generate app passwords.’
5. Clicking that button brings up a new window. In that window, click on the blue button that says ‘generate app passwords.’ If you’ve changed your mind you can also click the button beside that called ‘not now.’ Use these passwords for things like Skype, Xbox, or Spotify.
6. In the next box that appears, type in the name of the app that you want to create a password for. Once you’ve decided, press ‘generate password’, which is in the bottom right corner.
7. Next, enter your Facebook password in the box provided and then press ‘submit.’
8. After that, you will receive a new password. You can then decide if you want to create another password or finish up. Click on the appropriate button in the bottom right corner to decide.
Now you’re all set with a fresh new password.
- How to Send a Document, Image or File as an attachment on Facebook
- How to Create an Admin of Your Facebook Fan Page
- How to Display an Online Status on Facebook
- How to Allow Friends to Add Your Email Address in Their Archives
- How to Add a Friend on Restricted List on Your Facebook Account
- How Can I Share Dropbox Files on Facebook
- How Can I Delete Photos on Facebook
- How Can I Permanently Delete Facebook Message
- How Can I Schedule Automatic Posts on Facebook Page