Hiding Friends on Facebook
Sometimes there are friends on Facebook that we think post too many things. We love them dearly in real life, but on Facebook they might be a pain.
It is possible to hide a person’s posts without unfriending them. When you hide their posts, they won’t be notified of this so you don’t have to worry about having any awkward conversations.
1. As you’re scrolling through your Facebook newsfeed, you may see a long string of posts from the same person. To hide this person, you must first unfollow them. To do that, click the arrow button at the top right corner of the post.
2. A few options will appear in a drop down list after clicking on that. You have the option to hide a particular post or to unfollow that person. There are also a few other options available like reporting the post or saving it.
3. Click on ‘hide post’ to see less posts like that or ‘unfollow’ to stop seeing posts from that friend all together.
4. As soon as you click to hide it, it will automatically disappear from your newsfeed. You can choose to undo this action by clicking the blue highlighted ‘undo’ button that will appear.
5. Another way to unfollow someone is through their profile. Click on the desired person’s name and you’ll be sent to their profile. At the top of their profile, near the right, you will see a button that says ‘following’ with a check mark beside it.
6. Scroll over it, and a small window with appear. Click ‘unfollow’, which appears at the bottom.
Having a newsfeed feed clogged up with undesirable posts is not fun. You can control what you see on your account, but what other people post is up to them. Decide which people have the most irrelevant posts and tuck them away so that you don’t have to read them.
- How to do Automatic Translation on Facebook
- How to Turn Off Follower Notifications on Facebook
- How to Opt out of Internet-Based Facebook Ads
- How to Recover a Forgotten Password on Facebook
- How to Use Facebook Camera Application
- How to Unblock a Friend on Facebook
- What Distinguishes a Fake Facebook Profile From a Real One
- How to Disable or Enable a Chat for a Facebook Friend
- How to Delete a Facebook Page