Restoring Archived Messages on Facebook
We all have private conversations on Facebook. Some of those messages, we send to the archives because we don’t want to see them on our main messaging page, but we still don’t want to delete them. To restore an archived message, all you have to do is click a few buttons.
1. First, you have to go to your message screen. To do that, you must click on your chat bubble icon at the top right of the Facebook homepage. A new window will open and show you all of your recent messages and at the bottom press ‘see all.’
2. You are now at the main messaging page. On the left side, you will see a box with a list of all of your recent conversations. On the top right corner of that box, you will see the word ‘more’ with an arrow beside it. Click on it and then a drop down list will appear.
3. One of the options in that list is called ‘archived.’ Click on that and you will be directed to a new page.
4. Again on the left side you will see a list of your archived conversations. Click on the one that you wish to restore. After clicking on it, you will see your conversation with that person to the right.
5. At the top right corner of the conversation window, there are a few options you can click on. Find the one that looks like a gear, which is between the video camera and the magnifying glass icons.
6. Click on the gear, and see a drop down list of options. Next, click the option that says ‘unarchive’ near the middle.
That conversation will then be sent back to your main messaging screen. You can unarchive all of your messages if you please. They’re your messages and you can do what you want with them.
- How to Appear Offline on Facebook
- How to Re Activate Facebook Account
- How to change language on Facebook
- How to Disable Private Messages on Your Facebook Page
- How to Change Facebook Password
- Confirming Your Facebook Email Address
- How to Change Language on Facebook using Android Phone
- Sharing a Post in a Private Message on Facebook
- Changing the Date of Birth on Facebook