Setting Age Restrictions on Your Facebook Page
When a Facebook page is created, usually there is a certain target audience for it. The page could be geared towards people with similar interests, specific locations, or specific age groups. If you feel that your page needs age restrictions, you have the ability to implement them.
1. Go to your Facebook page. You can do that by clicking a link to it on the left sidebar on the main Facebook page. It should be under the heading ‘favorites.’
2. Click on the ‘settings’ option on the right top corner of your page. You will then be directed to a new screen and there will be a list of tabs on the left side.
3. One of the tabs is called ‘general.’ It will be the top option on the list. If you scroll through the general settings to the right, you will see one that says ‘age restrictions.’
4. Click on the blue highlighted ‘edit’ button to the right of that setting. That section will then expand.
5. Click on the little black arrow to reveal a drop down list of options. There will be a list of age ranges that you can choose from. Click on the one that suits your page the best. After that, click ‘save changes.’
Once you’ve set an age restriction, anyone that is too young will not be able to view your page. You can change the age restriction whenever you want to.
The change also happens instantly. Facebook wants to be sure that pages that aren’t appropriate to a younger audience will not be seen by them. You should be able to tell if the content on your page is not suitable for certain people. Even if it is suitable for all, you may just want to have a certain age group on your page. The choice is all up to you.
- How to Block Sponsored Ads from a Specific Source on Facebook
- How to Use Animated GIF’s and Stickers on Facebook
- Requesting All Your Facebook Data
- How to Turn Off Game Requests on Facebook
- How to Get Your Facebook Email Address
- How to Hide a Friends List on Facebook
- How to View All Your Likes on Facebook
- What will happen to my Facebook Account after my Death
- How to Embed Facebook Posts on Website or Blog