Facebook – What To Do In Case of Death
If something happens to you, things in your friends and family’s lives get quite hectic and distraught. Let’s focus on what’s happening when you’re still alive. Some people like to be prepared for what happens when they pass.
They start off with the big issues and then move to something as small as a social media account. Facebook offers something called a legacy contact. You can set up a contact that will receive full control over your account if something bad ever happens. Hopefully that won’t be for a long time.
1. To set up a contact, go to your settings page. To get there, click on ‘settings’ in the drop down list that appears when you click on the arrow at the top right corner of the homepage.
2. There will be a list of settings categories on the left of this new page. Click on the one that says ‘security’, which is located near the top.
3. The second option from the bottom of the list of security settings is ‘legacy contact.’ Click on the ‘edit’ button on the far right to make the section expand.
4. In the text box of this section, type in the name of the contact that you wish to leave your account to. Click on their name when it appears and then press ‘add.’
5. You can also check the box to close your account when you pass, just below the text box. Both options will be automatically saved.
6. Once you’re done, you can close the section by clicking ‘close’ at the bottom of the section.
Feel comfortable knowing that when you pass, your account will possibly become memorialized. People will be able to post about you and keep your memory alive. If that’s not what you wanted, then it will be closed, but only if that’s the option you chose.
- Setting Age Restrictions on Your Facebook Page
- How to Block Sponsored Ads from a Specific Source on Facebook
- How to Use Animated GIF’s and Stickers on Facebook
- Requesting All Your Facebook Data
- How to Turn Off Game Requests on Facebook
- How to Get Your Facebook Email Address
- How to Hide a Friends List on Facebook
- How to View All Your Likes on Facebook
- How to Embed Facebook Posts on Website or Blog