Approving Instagram Follower Requests
When your account is set up to be private, anyone that tries to follow you can’t do so right away. The first step in following a private account is to send a request. The private account will then receive a notification that someone wants to follow them. The account owner has to choose if they want to approve or deny the potential follower. To do so is a simple process.
1) Go to your app and look at the bottom of the screen. You will see a row of five icons. One of those icons looks like a chat bubble with a heart inside it. That is your notification icon and that’s where you need to tap first.
2) You should see a notification that says ‘follow requests.’ Tap on it and you will be directed to a new screen.
3) You will then see the title ‘follow requests’ at the top and a list of potential followers below that. To the right of a user’s name, username, and profile picture, you will see a green checkmark and a red x.
4) Click on the checkmark to approve the request. After you do, the checkmark and x will disappear. A follow button will be in its place. You don’t have to follow the user back, but you can if you like the account.
When you return to your notifications page, you will see that the most recent action is that someone followed you.
That someone will be the person that you just approved. This is your account, so you’ll never be forced to approve someone that you don’t want to. You can check out a person’s profile before you follow them, but if their account is private too, you won’t be able to see too much information. Approve whomever you want, as you have all the control.
- What is Instagram
- How to Create an Instagram Account
- How to Promote Your Instagram Profile using Badges
- How to Take Backup of Photos on Instagram
- How do I Edit Photos on Instagram
- How to Share Videos on Instagram
- What is Photos of You Feature in Instagram
- How do I Reset Instagram Password
- How to Enable Post Notifications on Instagram
- How do I Change my Profile Picture on Instagram
- How do I Change my Instagram Password
- How do I Copy the URL of an Instagram Photo
- How do I Delete Comments on Instagram
- How do I Delete Photos on Instagram
- How do I Rotate a Photo on Instagram
- How do I Share Photos with Friends on Instagram
- How do I Clear my Instagram Search History
- How do I Share Photos with Specific Friends on Instagram
- How do I make my Instagram Account a Private Account
- How do I Use my Instagram Account for Business
- How Do I Post a Photo on Instagram
- How Do I Take and Upload Photos on Instagram
- How do I Use Hashtags on Instagram
- How Do I Straighten an Instagram Photo
- How Do I Add a Caption on Photo Before Sharing on Instagram
- How Do I Apply Filter On Instagram Photos
- How Do I Apply Effects to Instagram Photos