Adding Contacts on Skype
If you’ve recently created a Skype account, it’s likely that you’ll need to be adding some contacts. To do that, you have to be logged in to your account first.
There are two options to utilize when you want to create a new contact.
1. Look at the toolbar, and click on the tab that says ‘contacts’ on the top left corner. Then click ‘add contact.’ After that, click on ‘search Skype directory’ or ‘save a phone number.’
2. Pressing on the search option will lead you to the search bar. All you have to do there is type in a name and see if it shows up.
3. When you find the person you are looking for, click the little plus sign next to their profile picture. That will send them a request and you have to wait until they accept it to consider them your contact.
4. Clicking on the ‘save a phone number’ option, will open a new section of Skype to the right. You must enter in the phone number, decide if it’s for a mobile, home, etc. and then click ‘add number.’
The ‘New’ Button
1. You can press the button that says ‘new’ with a plus sign to the left of it. This button is located below your profile picture and search bar. You can also click on the button to the far right with a person and a plus sign within a circle.
2. No matter which button you press, a window will pop up. Type your desired contact’s name into the top bar. After that, click ‘add’ at the bottom of the window. If you changed your mind, click ‘cancel’ or anywhere else on your screen to close the window.
3. You can also invite people to join Skype by sending them an e-mail or copy and pasting the link somewhere. This link is found at the very bottom of this window.
You can add as many people as you want to your Skype account. As long as they accept your request, you will be able to chat with them in any way possible. Make sure that you are adding the right person too, because you may feel uncomfortable accidentally adding a complete stranger to your account.
You can add and delete contacts at any time. You can message someone with text when they are not online, but it would be useless to call them. Have fun and be careful!
- What is Skype
- Downloading and Installing Skype
- Creating a Skype Account
- Changing Your Skype Status
- Skype Messaging, Chatting And Sending Image
- How to make Phone Calls on Skype
- Making Video Calls on Skype
- How to Share Screen on Skype
- Sending Files on Skype
- Skype for Mobile Devices
- Deleting Contacts on Skype
- Making Group Calls on Skype
- Sending Emoticons on Skype