How to Download and Install Skype on Windows
Downloading and installing this program may take a little time, but it’s an easy process.
1. First, you should type something into your search engine like ‘skype download.’ It doesn’t have to be those words, but you should type something that will direct you to the desired website so that you can download Skype onto your computer.
2. Click on the appropriate link (usually the top result) and you will be directed to a new page. You can get Skype for a variety of devices, but for now let’s stick to a computer. You should see a button near the top left of the page that says ‘get skype for windows.’ Click on it.
3. The download should start immediately. You can check for the download at the bottom of your web browser or in your computer documents which should be entitled ‘SkypeSetup.exe.’ If the download didn’t happen, click ‘try again’ highlighted in blue.
4. Look through your computer documents and click on the Skype setup icon.
5. A window will pop up that asks you to choose your language from a drop down list. Once you’ve done that, click ‘I agree – next.’ That means that you have agreed to the terms & conditions and want to move forward with the installation.
6. Next, it will ask you if you want to install Skype Click to Call. This allows you to make calls in your web browser by clicking on a phone number. This option is already ticked for yes but if you don’t want it then click on the box to uncheck that option. Once you’ve decided, click ‘continue.’
7. The next section will ask you about your search engine and homepage opinions. This section looks similar to the previous one. Uncheck the boxes by clicking on them if you don’t want Bing or MSN as your main pages. After that, click ‘continue.’
It will then show that it’s updating and installing the program, so you may have to wait a while.
8. After you’ve gone through the appropriate steps and waited for the program to install, update, and load onto your computer, you’re ready to go. You can choose to have an icon show up on your desktop for easy access. Another way to open the program is by searching for by clicking on your computer’s start button and use the search bar.
You can set Skype up to open whenever you sign onto your computer or leave it for you to decide when to open it. Now you’re all set to start making calls!
- What is Skype
- Creating a Skype Account
- Adding Contacts On Skype
- Changing Your Skype Status
- Skype Messaging, Chatting And Sending Image
- How to make Phone Calls on Skype
- Making Video Calls on Skype
- How to Share Screen on Skype
- Sending Files on Skype
- Skype for Mobile Devices
- Deleting Contacts on Skype
- Making Group Calls on Skype
- Sending Emoticons on Skype