Using Emoticons on Skype
When you click on a particular contact on Skype, you can see all of your interactions with them. At the bottom of the screen, you will see a toolbar full of icons. Use this toolbar to type in messages and send people media, and, of course, emoticons.
Emoticons are the perfect way for people to express themselves when the text just isn’t doing enough. Some words on the screen can be misinterpreted. That’s why it is beneficial to be able to include a smiley face at the end of your message. Sometimes people may want to send a message that is purely made from emoticons. They can be used to tell stories and people will understand them if you make the right emoticon choice. These little images make communicating that much more fun. They help communicate to people how you are feeling. Emotions can be portrayed through instant messages with the help of these little guys.
1. When you click on a particular contact, you can see all of your interactions with them. At the bottom of the screen, you will see a toolbar full of icons. Use this toolbar to type in messages and send people media, and, of course, emoticons.
2. The emoticon icon is the big blue smiley face. When you click on it, a window will pop up to show you all of your options.
3. You will see options for all sorts of smiley faces and the most popular emoticons. Near the bottom of this window, you will also see a row of icons that represent different categories. There is a clock, a smile, a heart, a crooked arrow in a box, a man with a hat, and two arrows pointing right.
4. If you scroll over these icons you will see that they mean recent, emoticons, love, trending, and Hollywood. Pressing the double arrow will give you more categories. Scroll over them to find out the names.
5. When you’ve found your desired emoticon, click on it. That emoticon will then show up in the section where you would type a message. Press the enter key or the send icon (which looks like a paper plane), located on the far right, to send the message. You can send an emoticon with or without text.
6. The emoticon will then show up on your string of interactions. Many of the emoticons are animated and you can see them move.
You can send as many emoticons as you’d like and your contacts can send them to you. Include as many emoticons in one message as you want. Have fun sending these clever little images. There are so many to explore, it might be impossible to choose just one to use. Enjoy expressing yourself!
- What is Skype
- Downloading and Installing Skype
- Creating a Skype Account
- Adding Contacts On Skype
- Changing Your Skype Status
- Skype Messaging, Chatting And Sending Image
- How to make Phone Calls on Skype
- Making Video Calls on Skype
- How to Share Screen on Skype
- Sending Files on Skype
- Skype for Mobile Devices
- Deleting Contacts on Skype
- Making Group Calls on Skype