Blocking a User on Twitter
There may be times when people find a Twitter account bothersome. The account may be constantly contacting them or sending inappropriate messages. If you want to cut off a user’s access to you and your account, there is a way to block them.
1) First, you have to find the profile of the user you wish to block. You may be able to find them in your list of followers, through the search bar, or on your twitter feed. However you locate the account, you have to click on the name to be redirected to it.
2) Once you’re on the profile, there will be a couple buttons in the top right corner of the page. There should be one that looks like a gear. Click on it, and you will see a drop down list of options appear.
3) In this list, there will be an option near the middle that says ‘block.’ Click on that option next.
4) Once you press that, a window will appear that asks you to confirm your decision. Once someone is blocked, they won’t be able to follow or message you. If you’re ready to proceed, press the dark pink ‘block’ button in the bottom right corner of the window.
Now the user has been restricted from contacting you. You can block as many people as you want and unblock them at any time. If, for some reason, you decide that you want to view the user’s tweets, you can do so without blocking them. On their profile, in the middle of the page where the twitter timeline is, there will be a button that says ‘view tweets.’
When you click on that, their profile will appear as it normally would, but they are still blocked from contacting you in any way. Now, you’re set to move on.
- What is twitter and how to use it
- How to create a twitter account
- How to Sign up for twitter
- How do I Change My Picture on Twitter Profile
- How to use twitter
- How to Tweet Someone on Twitter
- How to use twitter hashtags
- How to Follow and Connect Someone on Twitter
- How to Change Twitter background
- How to change the header image on twitter
- How to Download a Copy of Your Twitter Data
- How to create a custom list on twitter
- How to turn off video auto play on twitter
- How to Upload a Custom Background Image on Twitter
- How to reset my twitter password
- How to pin a tweet on twitter
- How to Prevent Twitter Users from Tagging you in Photos
- How to View All likes on my twitter account
- How to change language on twitter account
- How to Turn Off Retweets from a Twitter User
- How to share music on twitter
- How to Share Videos on Twitter
- How do I share images on twitter
- How to Get your Questions Answered on Twitter
- What is retweet
- How to find people on twitter
- How to retweet other tweets
- How to Delete a Tweet on Twitter
- How to Share a Tweet on Twitter
- How to Post Links in a Tweet on Twitter
- How do I Deactivate my Twitter Account