Windows Server 2008 Certification Exam
In this day and age, companies tend to hire those applicants who are not only well-qualified but have a diverse combination of skills as well. So it does not hurt if you have a certification on your resume; instead, it will help you a great deal. A certification in your profession will not only make you more qualified than the other applicants but it will also give a signal to the employers that you are a person who believes in moving forward and is determined to develop further his or her understandings and skills about the subject matter. MCSA – Windows Server 2008 certification exam is designed for IT professionals whose jobs revolve around handling Server Networks. This certification is quite an important one since Windows Server 2008 is an important program and it is needed for the proper functioning of extended programs.
Exam Topics of MCSA- Windows Server 2008: This exam consists of three papers. The first one is Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring with the certification code of 640. The second one is Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuring with the certification code of 642. Last one is Windows Server 2008, Server Administration with the certification code of 646.
Exam Topics of 640: This exam tests an individual’s knowledge in configuring and implementing Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Environment. This exam is divided into 6 sections.
- First section deals with Configuration of DNS for Active Directory and this section carries 17 percent marks.
- Second section deals with Configuration of Active Directory Infrastructure and this section carries total of 17 percent marks.
- Third part covers Configuration of Active Directory Roles and Services and this part is worth 14 percent marks.
- Forth part deals with creation and maintenance of Active Directory objects and this part is worth 18 percent marks.
- Fifth part deals with maintenance of Active Directory Environment and this part carries a total of 18 percent marks.
- Sixth part deals with Configuration of Active Directory Certificate Services and this part is worth 15 percent marks.
Exam Topics of 642: This paper is all about Network infrastructure and the topics are:
- IP addressing and Services.
- Configuring Name Resolution.
- Configuring Network and Remote Access.
- File and Print Services configuration.
- Network Infrastructure Monitoring and Management.
Exam topics of 646: This paper tests the candidate’s skills on the following topics:
- Planning of Server Deployment. (This part carries 19 percent marks)
- Planning for Server Management. (This part carries 23 percent marks)
- Monitoring and Maintaining Services. (This part carries 20 percent marks)
- Planning Application and Data Provisioning. (This part carries 19 percent marks)
- Planning for Business continuity and High Availability. (This part carries 19 percent marks)
MCSA: Windows Server 2008 certification exam is held in Pro metric testing centers. When compared with its benefits, this exam is quite inexpensive; it costs around $240. Hence, IT professionals and Systems Administrators are encouraged to register for this exam. Moreover, if you are considering on taking MCSE in the future, you should start from this exam since it counts towards MCSE.