CCNA Routing and Switching
CCNA Routing and Switching
CCNA certification is known as a second-level Cisco Career certification learning pyramid. The first level is called the entry or architect level. The CCNA certification is the measure by which the abilities of network professionals are recognized, who can work with Cisco routers, switches and related networking technologies. A person who has passed the certification is has the authenticated knowledge and practical skills to do the following:
- Install, configure and operate Cisco routers and switches.
- Troubleshoot medium scale networks comprising of Cisco equipment.
- Working with wide area networks (WAN) and having knowledge of WAN concepts and terminologies.
- Implementing and verifying connections between remote sites existing in a Wide Area Network.
- Mitigate basic security threats faced by a network.
- Work with network protocols including but not limited to IP, EIGRP, Serial Line Interface Protocol Frame Relay, RIPv2,VLANs and ACLs etc.
To get CCNA certification, passing score has to be achieved to clear the Cisco exam which is known as 200-120 CCNA Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices: Accelerated (CCNAX). Or the candidate has the choice of clearing the exam in two installments by clearing the 100-101 ICND1 Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1) and 200-101 ICND2 Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 2 (ICND2) exams respectively. The passing scores for these exams change periodically on the basis of Cisco’s statistical analysis of exams. The result is immediately available on completion of the exam. The result includes scores achieved section wise and the total passing score. After passing the exam the acquired CCNA certification is valid for a total of three years. Candidates have the choice of upgrading their status as a CCNA by retaking the currently available version of the CCNA exam or taking an exam from a level higher than the second-level. Cisco provides complete and through information regarding CCNA certifications for the candidates knowledge on their website”www.cisco.com”. CCNA exams are conducted by Sylvan Prometric and VUE testing centers all around the world. The exam fee for CCNA is about US$ 125. Various professional online training institutes exit which provide services to help the candidates prepare for the real life exams. A wide variety of tutorials, software, simulators, sample exams and dumps can also be found on the Internet for the preparation of these exams.
CCNA Exam Details
Questions in exams are related to, all the topics covered under the following categories:
- Bridging and Switching of Networks
- The OSI Reference Model and Communication Layers
- Routed Protocols
- Routing Protocols
- WAN (Wide Area Network) Protocols
- Wireless LAN (Local Area Network)
- Management of Networks
- LAN (Local Area Network) Technologies
- Cisco Basics, Cisco’s IOS, and Network Basics
Benefits of the CCNA Exam
Like all other Cisco certifications the CCNA certification can significantly increase the authenticity of IT and network professional’s skills. These certifications also help improve job prospects considerably. Candidates can enjoy prolonged success and a leading edge in today’s LAN and WAN Industries, on the basis of the practical working knowledge of network protocols that comes with the CCNA certification.
- CCENT ICND1 Practice Exam 1
- CCENT ICND1 Practice Exam 2
- CCENT ICND1 Practice Exam 3
- CCENT ICND1 Practice Exam 4
- CCENT ICND1 Practice Exam 5
- CCENT ICND1 Practice Test 6
- CCENT ICND1 Practice Test 7
- CCENT ICND1 Practice Test 8
- CCENT ICND1 Practice Test 9