Configure IPv6 on Windows 7
Configuring IPv6 on Windows 7
To configure you Window 7 computer with an IPV6 address, follow the below Steps ad see the screenshots.
1. Click on Start and click on Control Panel
3. On the Left Pane you see “Change Adapter Settings”, Click on it.
4. Here you will see the network adapters configured on your system. Choose the Network adapter where you want to configure the IPv6 address. And then click on Properties for that adapter.
5. Under the LAN Properties dialog box, you will see few checkboxes, Check TCP/IPv6 and click on Properties.
6. You will see the IP configuration dialog box. In the General Tab itself, Click on “Use Following IPv6 Address” and then configure your IP address for IPv6. You can also specify the DNS server here and then Click on OK.
9. Here while you ping the configured IP, we see the Reply successful.
- IPv4 vs IPv6
- Difference Between IPv4 and IPv6
- Built-in Features and advantages of IPv6
- How to configure Cisco Router with IPv6
- How to Configure IPv6 Address
- IPv6 ICMP
- IPv6 Address Format
- IPv6 Enabled Command Line tools
- IPv6 Neighbor Discovery Protocol
- IPv6 Address Auto Configuration Process
- IPv6 Terms and Concepts
- IPv6 Transition Methods and Strategies
- Special IPv6 Addresses
- IPv4 Limitations