How to Unblock a Friend on Facebook
Unblocking a Contact on Facebook
There may come a time when we all want to block someone on Facebook. Maybe that person bothers us too often, posts inappropriate things, or is just plain annoying. When that happens, you have the ability to block them.
What some people may not know is that you can also unblock people. When someone is blocked they become unfriended and they can’t communicate with you in any way. You may later decide that you made a mistake and you want to unblock someone. Here’s how:
1) At the top right corner of your Facebook homepage, you will see an icon that looks like a padlock with three horizontal lines beside it. It’s called privacy shortcuts. When you click on it, a drop down list will appear.
2) At the bottom of this list you will see a section titled ‘how do I stop someone from bothering me?’ Click on it and the section will expand.
3) Near the end of this section are the blue highlighted words ‘view all blocked users.’ Click on it and a window will pop up.
4) This new window contains a list of everyone you have blocked from your account. To the right of each person’s name there will be a button that says ‘unblock.’ Click that button to unblock that particular person. Then, a new window will pop up to make sure you are sure of your decision. If you are, press ‘confirm.’
Now that contact is unblocked and they will be free to contact you again. You have to wait forty-eight hours before you can block them again. Hopefully you won’t need to. You have the right to protect yourself and your social media account. Don’t feel bad about blocking someone who is truly bothering you. This is your account and you can block anyone that you want from it.
- How to do Automatic Translation on Facebook
- How to Turn Off Follower Notifications on Facebook
- How to Opt out of Internet-Based Facebook Ads
- How to Hide Friends List on Facebook
- How to Recover a Forgotten Password on Facebook
- How to Use Facebook Camera Application
- What Distinguishes a Fake Facebook Profile From a Real One
- How to Disable or Enable a Chat for a Facebook Friend
- How to Delete a Facebook Page