The msvcp140 is a product of the Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 that was developed by the Microsoft Corporation.
It is a description of the Microsoft C Runtime Library and is useful in running various programs in your computer. You may experience problems while launching a Video game or any random application if the msvcp140 is missing. Windows will scan your system folders when launching a particular program that uses the msvcp140 file. If it is not available, you will receive an error message indicating the reason why the program was not successful. It is important to be aware of the reasons why these errors usually occur to determine the possible solutions to fixing the problem.
What causes the msvcp140 errors?
- If you uninstalled a program that uses the same physxloader.dll, it might have deleted the dll file in the process leading to the error messages.
- It can occur as a result of faulty registry entries or configurations.
- A different application might have installed a varied version of the file which is incompatible with the program you are using
- If the msvcp140.dll file was damaged or corrupted by a malicious program.
- The msvcp140.dll might have been placed in a wrong map
Examples of themsvcp140.dll error messages
There are various ways in which the error messages may appear on your screen. They include;
- “This application failed to start because physxloader.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
- “msvcp140.dll not found”
- “The file msvcp140.dll is missing”
- “Cannot find msvcp140.dll”
- “This program can’t continue because msvcp140.dll is missing from your computer”
How can I fix the msvcp140.dll is missing issues?
Use System Restore
There are possibilities that the recent changes that were applied caused the msvcp140.dll errors. Using System Restore can help undo the recent changes by reverting your compute settings to an earlier point in time.
Reinstall the problematic software
The msvcp140.dll might have been deleted or was not registered properly while installing the particular program. Reinstalling the software will be useful in replacing the missing msvcp140.dll file.
Check the Recycle Bin
There are chances that the msvcp140.dll was deleted accidentally. Locate the file in the Recycle Bin, right-click and select restore to replace it in its rightful folder.
Run a virus / malware scan
The dll file may have been damaged by a malicious program or which can also delete it in the process. A comprehensive malware scan will be useful in detecting the underlying threats and determining the solutions to fixing the problem.
- Msvcp110.dll missing
- Msvcp120.dll missing
- Msvcr100.dll is missing
- Api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing and download
- Msvcp100.dll missing
- Msvcp140.dll download
- Vcruntime140.dll missing
- Vcruntime140.dll is missing