The description of the physxloader.dll is a product of the PhysXLoader Dynamic Link Library, a program that was developed by the NVIDIA Corporation.
If you are running any application that uses the physxloader.dll, Windows will scan the application and your system’s folders for this file. If the file cannot be located then an error notification will pop up on your screen giving the reason why launching the corresponding program was not successful. There are various causes of the physxloader.dll errors and most applications will not run successfully if it is not available.
What causes the physxloader.dll errors?
- If the physxloader.dll file was damaged or corrupted by a malicious program.
- The physxloader.dll might have been placed in a wrong map
- It can occur as a result of faulty registry entries or configurations.
- A different application might have installed a varied version of the file which is incompatible with the program you are using
- If you uninstalled a program that uses the same physxloader.dll, it might have deleted the dll file in the process leading to the error messages.
There are various ways in which these error messages can appear on your screen while launching a video game or other random applications that uses physxloader.dll.
Some of the examples of physxloader.dll error messages include;
- “This program can’t continue because physxloader.dll is missing from your computer”
- “The file physxloader.dll is missing”
- “Cannot find physxloader.dll”
- “This application failed to start because physxloader.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
- “Physxloader.dll not found”
How can I fix the physxloader.dll errors?
Reinstall the problematic software
If you were launching a game or an application that led to this error, try to uninstall and reinstall it again. Most of the physxloader.dll is missing problems are caused by issues with the Steam engine and reinstallation can help fix the problem,
Check the Recycle bin
The physxloader.dll might have been deleted accidentally and thus moved to the Recycle Bin. Right-click on the file and select restore to return it to the rightful folder.
You can restore the settings in your computer to an earlier point in time using System Restore. It is a useful if you suspect that the recent system changes are what caused the physxloader.dll errors.
Update the drivers
It is necessary to update the video card drivers that are associated with the physxloader.dll file. The error messages may be appearing when launching a 3D Video game.
Run a virus/ malware scan
Most problems associated with the dll errors are caused by a malicious programs that have affected the essential files and folders required by various applications. A comprehensive virus scan should be useful in detecting the threats and suggesting a solution to fixing the problem.
- Msvcp110.dll missing
- Msvcp120.dll missing
- Msvcr100.dll is missing
- Api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing and download
- Msvcp100.dll missing
- Msvcp140.dll download
- Vcruntime140.dll missing
- Vcruntime140.dll is missing