Vcruntime140.dll is missing
Vcruntime140.dll is missing
The Vcruntime140.dll allows most applications or programs to run efficiently. This dll file is part of the Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 RC that was developed by Microsoft Corporation.
It comes in different versions that are compatible for the 32-bit and 64-bit Windows Operating System. It is a description of the Microsoft C Runtime Library and most programs depend on this file to run successfully. You will receive the Vcruntime140.dll missing errors when running some programs in your computer. It mostly occurs because Windows cannot find the actual dll file to run the corresponding application.
Examples of Vcruntime140.dll error messages
Some of the ways in which the Vcruntime140.dll errors may appear on your screen include;
- “This application failed to start because physxloader.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
- “Vcruntime140.dll not found”
- “Cannot find Vcruntime140.dll”
- “This program can’t continue because Vcruntime140.dll is missing from your computer”
- “The file Vcruntime140.dll is missing”
What causes the Vcruntime140.dll errors?
There are several reasons why you receive these error notifications. For the program to run efficiently, you need to determine the possible solutions of fixing the problem.
Some of the causes are;
- A different application might have installed a varied version of the file which is incompatible with the program you are using
- If you uninstalled a program that uses the same physxloader.dll, it might have deleted the dll file in the process leading to the error messages.
- If the Vcruntime140.dll file was damaged or corrupted by a malicious program.
- The Vcruntime140.dll might have been placed in a wrong map
- It can occur as a result of faulty registry entries or configurations.
How can I fix this problem?
Reinstall the problematic software
If you were launching an application and you received the error message, uninstall and reinstall it again. It can be useful in fixing the Vcruntime140.dll that might have been affected or displaced after the first installation.
Register the Vcruntime140.dll manually
The errors may be resulting from issues with the Windows registry. The program that depends on the Vcruntime140.dll might have failed to register the file during the first installation. Microsoft Register Server will be useful in re-registering the Vcruntime140.dll file.
Run a full virus / malware scan
Most problems associated with the Vcruntime140.dll arise from being damaged or corrupted by a malicious program. One of the ways in which you can detect and solve the problem is by performing a comprehensive virus/ malware scan.
Use System Restore
It will be useful in restoring your computer settings to an earlier point in time. It is useful when you suspect that the recent system changes are what caused the problem.
- Msvcp110.dll missing
- Msvcp120.dll missing
- Msvcr100.dll is missing
- Api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing and download
- Msvcp100.dll missing
- Msvcp140.dll download
- Vcruntime140.dll missing