Deleting Contacts on Skype
Deleting Contacts on Skype
Start by scrolling through your contact list. This is located on the left side of the Skype window. Click on the contact’s name that you wish to delete.
There’s nothing wrong with wanting to thin out your contact list on Skype. Maybe the contact is never on Skype anymore, or you have an alternative communication method with them. Whatever the reason is, it doesn’t take much effort to delete them.
1. Start by scrolling through your contact list. This is located on the left side of the Skype window. Click on the contact’s name that you wish to delete.
2. In the toolbar on the top of the window, there is a tab that says ‘contacts.’ Click on that, and a drop down list will appear. At the bottom of that list, there will be an option that says ‘remove from contacts.’ Click on it and that particular contact will be on its way to deletion.
3. A window will pop up that asks you if you’re sure about deleting the contact. The contact’s name will be included in the question so that you can be sure you’ve clicked on the correct person. Press ‘remove’ or ‘cancel’ at the bottom right corner of the window, depending on what you want to do.
You can also click on the box for ‘do not ask me again’ before closing the window, so that the next time you delete someone that window won’t show up.
4. You can also right-click on a contact’s name to delete them. A list will pop up similar to the ones on the tabs. At the bottom, you will see an option that says ‘remove from contacts.’
Once you delete someone, all of the interactions you had with them will be erased. You won’t be able to access any of the files or messages that you exchanged in the past. If, for some reason, you decide that you want to add them back to your contact list then you can. All you have to do is re-send a contact request.
Since that person is no longer your contact, they won’t be able to call you. In your settings, there is an option to receive calls from anyone or just your contacts. If you have it set to receive calls from anyone then they will be able to call you. You can stop unwanted calls from coming in on a regular basis. You can make sure that only your contacts will call you.
Be careful that you don’t accidentally delete the wrong person, or all of your contacts, because re-sending contact requests could take up a lot of your time.
- What is Skype
- Downloading and Installing Skype
- Creating a Skype Account
- Adding Contacts On Skype
- Changing Your Skype Status
- Skype Messaging, Chatting And Sending Image
- How to make Phone Calls on Skype
- Making Video Calls on Skype
- How to Share Screen on Skype
- Sending Files on Skype
- Skype for Mobile Devices
- Making Group Calls on Skype
- Sending Emoticons on Skype