Linux Administrator Sample Resume
321 Backspace Street
New Millennium, Ohio 54896
Sr. Linux Systems Administrator, Ohio State University Dec 2008 – Current
- Act as liaison with vendors on computer hardware, software, MIS systems and specialist application issues.
- Maintain contacts with other educational institutes on application technology practices and initiatives of common interest.
- Monitor systems for performance to agreed business expectations or beyond.
- Monitor and report on system and database backups to ensure they appropriately configured, implemented and verified to enable recovery from failure.
- Undertake appropriate updates and testing on system infrastructure ensuring continues peak performance
- Identify and assist in troubleshooting system errors and faults offering viable solutions to fix them.
- Assist with implementation of system patches and updates managing upgrades effectively and to user requirements.
- Monitor and maintain appropriate security environments and policies on Windows and Linux servers.
- Administer Windows and Linux systems with appropriate scripting and coordinate related administrative tasks.
- Maintain established testing and development environments.
- Provide support for server side applications e.g. Finance, HRIS, Websphere and Oracle application server based applications, web server based applications etc.
- Ensure that support is focused on the server side of multi-tier applications with close liaison with appropriate desktop specialists for client side issues.
- Coordinate efficient escalation of issues with internal development staff or vendors ensuring that issues are only escalated after thorough diagnosis of the problems and that they are clearly documented prior to escalation.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of technology standards.
- Provide input to system and database performance and management.
- Participate in project development as required providing project plans, documentation and training material as necessary.
- Inventory University, Engineering and Production IP names and address spaces
- Participate in the build of a Bind 9 DNS server infrastructure with functional and organizational sub-domains
- Generate named zone files from inventoried internal IP name / address space
- Configure BMC Blade Logic to implement UNIX hosts in production environment
- Executed BMC Blade Logic architecture to allow puppet like configuration from text files
- Contribute to team activities and complete assigned tasks within prescribed deadlines
- Keep abreast of IT industry trends and developments by updating Industry qualifications and reading appropriate literature.
- Undertake appropriate IT technical research and investigation as needed
Ohio State University, 2007 BSc Computer Technology GPA 3.95
540 Magenta Avenue
San Diego, CA 92120
Cell (685) 258-9631
Season professional looking for a challenging and versatile system administration position that requires creative and innovative applications of technology in order to solve business problems.
11/2010-current Unix Systems Administrator, Sony Online Entertainment
- Deploy and maintain Linux systems and app software in multiple clusters across eight data centers
- Take lead on development of projects, including virtualizating Citrix Xen, host classification, third party server hosting, integrating internal build clusters on RHEL-like platforms, and RedHat automated provisioning technologies, such as Cobbler, Func and kick start
- Evaluate and perform POC work for cluster technologies alikeEucalyptus
- Architectural planning for redesigns of DNS, internal mail service, configuration change management, and build control systems for game nodes and world clusters
- Promote coordination across department sof monitoring systems, such as Zenoss and Xymon
- Document and write departmental support materials as well as establish and manage the corporate wiki.
- Execute day to day business activities such as configuration management ofDNS, Apache, mail, and Tomcat
- Manage and coordinate RSA SecurID (ACE/Server) and OS upgrades
- Deploy security fixes across installed bases for Sony’s GISS compliance
08/2006-08/2010 Senior System Engineer, Airband Communications, Inc.
- Participated in product development and administration across dedicated Linux servers, managed services, and web hosting platforms
- Provided extensive programmingandcritical support for managed Linux server customers
- Coordinated everyday system administration work on existing corporate infrastructure
- Managed deployment of clustered, HA Linux systems for internal and customer use
- Developed and designed patches ofOSS, and coordinated deployment using RPM
- Implemented custom billing and provisioning software to replace legacy systems
- Integratedmonitoringsystems across Big Brother, Hobbit, WUG, monand Netcool
- Developed and supported distributed qmail/vpopmail clusters by using Net App (SAN) and custom multi-TB RAID network storage.
- BIND,djbdns, and IP Control administration
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND SOFTWARE EXPERTISE
RedHat Enterprise Linux
Red Hat Linux
2006 New York State University
BS Computer Science, GPA 3.56
523North Sarasota Avenue, San Dominico, CA 94601
Experienced professional looking for Linux Systems Administrator positions in an Open Stack and DevOps environment
TransitCorp Software and Tech Linux System Administrator June 2009 – Current
- Responsible for building a personal multi-node OpenStack cluster using a packsack called Cloud5 and RDO
- Inspect, create, modify and administer user and admin identities and roles such as keystone user, tenant, role creator to tenant, user and admin identities
- Create custom CentOS 6.5 base images using glance image-create, image-info and qemu tools
- Undertake testing of systems to system specifications, working parameters and user requirements.
- Undertake deployment of internally and externally developed software into production in accordance with change control processes.
- Inform ICT staff of any new applications or supporting infrastructure and the impact of such changes to manage change and to ensure systems are effectively supported.
- Contribute to the development of documentation of system configurations and procedures.
- Test implementation of upgrades and changes prior to production release so that change is managed.
- Set up debugging and performance tuning of Linux servers
- Manage security of Linux servers using SELinux,iptables, and rkhunterto harden the OS
- Liaise with other IT staff to ensure optimum system performance and reliability, and in the development and execution of ICT projects
- Coordinate with staff at all levels within the organization on effective application and use of enterprise systems and databases
- Cooperate with key users of enterprise applications such as management and administrative staff to identify new IT projects and manage systems change
- Coordinate tutorials on system integration and offer advising about the effective usage of systems.
- Provide specialist technical support for staff in preparing business resources e.g. advice on ICT technologies, assistance with implementation of new technologies requiring server resources.
- Preparation of reports on areas of functional expertise for consideration by management.
- TCP/IP infrastructure: Internal named DNS server, Send mail SMTP relay, rsyslog server
- Web server applications: Apache PHP, Tomcat, replicated MySQL, FE/API servers
- Linux networking: IP tables for packet filtering, NATing and traffic shaping, Linux bridging
- Devops infrastructure: Jenkins, bugtraq, twiki, git, puppet/private repos build/maintain dev boxes
- Experience with maven / ant java build environments
- nagios, cacti and MRTGfor network monitoring
- Hardware configuration/ordering, software/hardware RAID, 1GB Ethernet switches/cables
- KVM based virtualization with libvirt, virsh, qemu, LVM partitions, qemu xml files, Linux bridging
- Git for config management control, debugging, auditing
- Basic MySQL database skills
February, 2009 University of South California Systems Engineering
Highly qualified Linux System Administrator currently looking for positions that that incorporate my skills in systems security, system administration and programming.
Linux Systems Administrator, Startech, White Plains, NY January 2008 – current
- Design, implement and maintain RADIUS (OSC Radiator) in a production environment providing authentication for over 1 million dialup users in South America.
- Administer 100+ Redhat Linux, AIX, Solarisand FreeBSD servers.
- Monitor Intrusion Detection systems with automated patch updates to all serversandtools like Snort/ACID.
- Perform vulnerability assessment of business systems routinely and provide incident reports / handling as well as respond to attacks on the systems
- Program tools in PERL and C for use in system administration, security purposes and automation
- Administer firewalls using iptables/ipchains (Linux)andIPFilter (FreeBSD/Solaris).
- Implement automated installations usingKickstart and Jumpstart.
- Write policies and procedures about the secure deployment ofSolaris, Linuxand AIX in insecure and non-firewalled environments.
- Provide administrationof MySQL and Oracle database for core services including RADIUS authentication and WWW
- Facilitate product development and administration of dedicated Linux servers, business managed services, and webhosting platforms
- Facilitate migration procedures and methods from outsourced mail hosting providers.
- Create and setup subsystemsfor high volume outgoing mail using Postfix, an open source mail system.
- Setup, operate and maintain company-wide services such as mail (UW-IMAPD, sendmail, qpopper), DNS (BIND v8), WWW Apache / SSL, DHCP (ISC), and Samba.
- Administer Network Appliance F840 & F760 clustered NASes, EMC Symmetrix, and other storage subsystems.
- Setup 24×7 NOC monitoring and trouble ticket systems using open source tools such as Big brother, Netsaint, Request Tracker, as well as commercial tools such as Footprints and Netcool
- Develop internal monitoring systems which are deployed throughout South America
- Maintain open source packages that have been developed in house, responding to user suggestions, and integrate improvements in the software.
- Red Hat Linux
- AIX 4.3 and 5L
- Debian Linux
- Mac OS X 10.3
- Windows XP/2000/NT
- C (especially UNIX system programming)
- Shell (Bash)
- Solaris 2.x
SUNY Purchase University, Purchase, NY
Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering (GPA 3.9/4.0)
Graduation date: May, 2007
- Red Hat Linux Certified Engineer – RHCE #: 780730577807895
More Sample Resumes
- Sample Resume Career Objectives – Best Sample CV Objectives
- Sample CCNA Resume Skills
- Computer Hardware Technician and Network Administrator Resume Skills
- PC Hardware Technician Sample Resume
- Network Administrator Sample Resume
- CCNP Sample Resume
- CCIE Sample Resume
- MCSA Sample Resume
- MCSE Sample Resume
- IT Support Sample Resume
- Help Desk Support Resume Sample
- Software Developer Sample Resume
- Software Programmer Sample Resume
- C Programmer Sample Resume
- Web Programmers Sample Resume
- Java Developer Sample Resume
- Web Developer Sample Resume
- Web Designer Sample Resume
- Computer Programmer Sample Resume
- Computer Engineer Sample Resume
- System Engineer Sample Resume
- Computer Scientist Sample Resume
- Software Engineer Sample Resume
- Hardware Engineer Sample Resume
- Project Engineer Sample Resume
- Programmer Analyst Sample Resume
- Business Systems Analyst Sample Resume
- Intelligence Analyst Sample Resume
- Data Analyst Sample Resume
- SAP Consultant Sample Resume
- Engineering Manager Sample Resume
- Webmaster Sample Resume
- Software Project Engineer Sample Resume
- SAP Project Manager Sample Resume
- IT Project Manager Sample Resume
- Database Administrator Sample Resume
- System Administrator Sample Resume
- Windows System Administrator Sample Resume