IT Support Sample Resume
IT Support Sample Resume
The below is an example of a resume of one who holds an IT Support job title; other titles for those who work in this function are “Help Desk Operators” or “Maintenance Engineers.” IT Support jobs include holding responsibility for ensuring a business’s computer systems work efficiently and correctly..
IT Support specialists do a variety of jobs, from assisting with technical problems to configuring and installing systems One of the features that a resume for IT Support positions would include is to have a clear profile at the start.
This profile will provide an overview of the applicant’s career history, their core skills and knowledge and what their future career goals and aspirations are. It is a short paragraph, usually a few lines, that sums up the applicant and sells their experience and skills to the reader.
The resume will need to highlight all the relevant experience the applicant has and give examples of their technical skills and ability, as well as to exemplify how and where they gained this experience. Another good idea is to tailor the resume for the job that you are applying for so that you are adding the skills that that job is requires.
12 Chicago Street, California, USA, 90210
IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST
I am a very experienced and professional IT Support team member with training in many technical areas, from resolving faults to configuring and installing systems. Well regarded for being a strong communicator and team-player with colleagues and clients, I am now seeking to expand my current skills in a new, challenging environment within a new company that values my proven track record of excellent client-customer service and technical skills. My key functional skills include working within Linux, MySQL, Nexus and Oracle. I am proficient in the following operating systems: Windows OS, MS Outlook/Exchange and I can provide technical SQL server support.
Job title: IT Support Engineer
Company: AXA PP Healthcare Ltd, UK
Duration: May 2011 – Present
• I helped to migrate all the company’s services from Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008.
• Demonstrated teamwork by sharing my knowledge and expertise with new recruits. Also worked in team leading new recruits and adopting a management position to support them.
• Managed over 300 user accounts in the company Active Directory also managed the SQL Server 2005 and Exchange 2007.
• Management and administration of Windows XP and Windows 7 workstations and laptops across entire company.
• Maintaining servers and backups as well as offering long-term support in their utilisation.
• Offered a technical support helpdesk across the use of Microsoft Office 2010 for all the company users.
Job title: IT Support Desk Team Member
Company: GloboTech Ltd, UK
Duration: June 2009 – April 2011
• Working as a valued member of the support desk, being a helpful team member, easy to work with
• Primary duties included installing and configuring different Windows Servers and using different problem solving and troubleshooting skills to resolve issues with the company’s server and computer systems.
• Completed three implementations of McAfee Antivirus across company workstations.
• Also was involved in the adding, maintaining and removal of the objects within the Active Directory
• Other pieces of work included configurations involving TCP/IP and also providing administrative support for IIS for the company Intranet.
Education & Qualifications:
BSc Computer Science – 2.1 Attained
Cardiff University, 2006 – 2009
3 A Levels – IT (A), English (A), Maths (B)
Cardiff Sixth Form College, 2004-2006
11 GCSEs including ICT(A), English (A), Maths (A), Science (A), Geography (A), Art (A)
Cardiff Comprehensive School, 1999 – 2004
Available on request
Date of Birth: 11th June 1985
Email: [email protected]
Address: 12 Chapel Lane, London, EC1M 4AS
Driving License: Full, clean
I am a seasoned IT Support Specialist professional who has over 7 years of experience working within the industry, specifically in 2nd and 3rd line technical support. I am very enthusiastic, committed and have a hands-on approach to all my work. I am looking for new and exciting opportunities that will help me to further develop my technical and functional skills as well as allowing me to make use of my current skillset. I am qualified to industry standards and can provide references which reflect on my excellent work history.
Summary of Skills:
• Working with LAN/WAN technology
• Supporting: Windows Server 2003/2008
• Working with Active Directory and Exchange 2003/2007/2010
• Supporting MS Office 2003/2007/2010
• Familiarity with technically supporting DNS, DHC, WLAN, VPN
• Windows NT, XP, Vista, Windows7
• Sophos, McAfee and other Antivirus Software
• BTEC Level 3 Certificate
• City & Guilds IT Practitioners Certificate
MSc Computer Science – Distinction
London Met University, 2006 – 2007
BSc Computer Science – 2.1
London Met University, 2003 – 2006
3 A Levels: IT (A), English (B), Science (C)
Holmerbrook College, 2001 – 2003
IT Support Engineer
Granada Services Ltd, UK
2010 – Present
• Main duties include responsibility for diagnosing and resolving hardware/software and end user problems.
• First point of contact for all technical queries.
• Developing infrastructure systems to meet company needs
• Working with TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS and Ethernet
• Involved in rollout of software updates/patches
• Investigating complex and specialist IT issues
• Allocating work to junior staff and providing induction training to new staff.
IT Support Specialist
OCR Technical Solutions, UK
2007 – 2010
• Providing 3rd line technical support
• Answering support queries via phone/email
• Remote administration and management of customer’s on-site equipment.
• Logging and ordering different user support calls for the second line support team
• Carrying out user administration and set up of user accounts
• Actioning faults and recording fault instances for PC servers, laptops and mobiles.
• Troubleshooting and problem solving nature of various faults, demonstrating teamworking skills by working with others to resolve these and reach logical solution steps.
• Creating and providing the administrative support for Microsoft Exchange email accounts.
• Using the remote control software tools to provide resolution and diagnosis of faults at remote working locations.
• Available on request
- Hardware Engineer Resume
- Help Desk Support Resume
- PC Hardware Technician Resume
- Network Administrator & Computer Hardware PC Technician Resume Skills
- Network+ Practice Tests
- A+ Practice Tests
- Security+ Practice Tests
- Network+ Study Guide
- A+ Study Guide
- CCNA Study Guide
More Sample Resumes
- Sample Resume Career Objectives – Best Sample CV Objectives
- Sample CCNA Resume Skills
- Computer Hardware Technician and Network Administrator Resume Skills
- PC Hardware Technician Sample Resume
- Network Administrator Sample Resume
- CCNP Sample Resume
- CCIE Sample Resume
- MCSA Sample Resume
- MCSE Sample Resume
- Linux Administrator Sample Resume
- Help Desk Support Resume Sample
- Software Developer Sample Resume
- Software Programmer Sample Resume
- C Programmer Sample Resume
- Web Programmers Sample Resume
- Java Developer Sample Resume
- Web Developer Sample Resume
- Web Designer Sample Resume
- Computer Programmer Sample Resume
- Computer Engineer Sample Resume
- System Engineer Sample Resume
- Computer Scientist Sample Resume
- Software Engineer Sample Resume
- Hardware Engineer Sample Resume
- Project Engineer Sample Resume
- Programmer Analyst Sample Resume
- Business Systems Analyst Sample Resume
- Intelligence Analyst Sample Resume
- Data Analyst Sample Resume
- SAP Consultant Sample Resume
- Engineering Manager Sample Resume
- Webmaster Sample Resume
- Software Project Engineer Sample Resume
- SAP Project Manager Sample Resume
- IT Project Manager Sample Resume
- Database Administrator Sample Resume
- System Administrator Sample Resume
- Windows System Administrator Sample Resume